A lot of friends and acquaintances ask me for my top sci fi book recommendations, so I compiled a reading list of what I consider the classics.
- Time Machine by H.G. Wells
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Anthem by Ayn Rand. If you couldn’t get through the thousands of pages for Atlas to shrug, you may like that this one is only about 100 pages.
- Fahrenheit 451 Ray Bradbury. Anyone who follows my blog with any sort of faithfulness knows my affection for this author. I always like to remind everyone that he signed my calculus notes in high school.
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle. The New York Times pointed out that this was published when “science fiction by women and aimed at female readers was a rarity”. Love!
- The Foundation Series, Robot Series, and Empire Series by Isaac Asimov
- 2001 – A Space Odyssey by Arthur C Clarke. Did you know there was also a 2010, 2061, and 3001 in this book series?
- The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- Ender’s Game series by Orson Scott Card