Microsoft Office is still the most popular office software used worldwide. By extension, I assume most writers are still using Microsoft Office, though many other specialty programs and tools exist, such as Scrivener.
I write for About.com as the Office Software Expert, connecting readers with productivity tools, tips, and resources. I recently created this slide show of 8 Free Microsoft Office Templates for Writers, which includes useful pre-made documents for Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher.
With thousands of templates available on Microsoft.com, hopefully this resource saves you some search time!
The slide show gives you direct links to templates for creating:
- Blog Posts (because you can Write and Post a Blog Directly from Microsoft Office)
- Emailed Newsletters
- Writing Project Timelines
- Author Bookmarks
- Promotional Post Cards (for book releases and such)
- Bookish Presentations (for teaching classes, speaking at conferences, or whatever!)
These templates might spark some new ideas or just help you jump into your many projects more quickly.
I’ve used most of these at some point, whether to begin a novel or work on some marketing materials for distribution at writing conferences.
Hope you find this useful! If so, please consider:
- Liking my author page on Facebook
- Adding my author stream on Instagram
- Following this blog or adding your email (upper right of this blog)